September 29 2013 10am-11pm FREE ADMISSION
10am-3pm DAY FESTIVAL- Market, Car Show, Interactive Culture Activities
6pm-11pm NIGHT FESTIVAL- Live Music, Patio, Vendors
Drouillard Road will be closed down for your safety, games and activities will be happening right on the street itself!!!
The event hub is located @ 1168 Drouillard Road. Click here to see location on Google Street View
Need more info that what is below? Call Karlene or Stephen 519-915-9583 Mon-Thurs 9am-4pm or Lori Kimmerly at 519-974-3500 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
The Historic Ford City Neighbourhood in Windsor invites you to a neighbourhood street festival and CultureDays.ca celebration! Your adventure starts at 1168 Drouillard! Join Us!
10am-3pm DAY FESTIVAL INCLUDES:
1) Ford City Market & Car Show 10am-3pm @ 1168 Drouillard, outdoor
- Come check out the Ford City Market with over 25 vendors selling produce, art, candles, gifts, clothing, jewelry, tea, photography, organics, truffles and MORE!
- Join Science City who will be causing a scene with their amazing, wacky and fun kids games and science demonstrations right on Drouillard Road!
- Live music in the market by local talent
- Car Show on Drouillard Road
2) Drouillard Place Art Station @ 1102 Drouillard
- Art activities for younger and older children, make it and take it!
3) Historic Photo Display & Meet the Artist @ Atelier Virginianne 1078 Drouillard
- Display of the Lazurek collection of historic photographs of Ford City.
- Meet muralists and local artists, discuss their works and learn their process.
4) LIVE Mural Performance @ 1077 Drouillard
- Local Artist Jay Raven of South Detroit Studio will be bringing a piece of his artwork to life on an ENTIRE WALL at 1077 Drouillard starting around 10am and finishing up in the early evening. Come cheer him on as he takes on this massive task! http://jjraven.blogspot.ca
5) Kids Activities @ Spirit of Excellence 1012 Drouillard
- Spirit of Excellence(SOE), Creativity Training Centre, will be doing facepainting, live drumming demonstrations, flag dancing by their amazing Flag Co. and More!
6) Art in the Ford City Community Garden @ 984 Drouillard
- Last year we painted a huge Smile mural, this year you are all invited to put your magic touch on our free standing mosaic mural, leave your mark on Ford City!
7) Self Guided Historic Scavenger Hunt – Come to the event hub at 1168 Drouillard for your copy of the scavenger hunt. First 3 people to finish correctly receive one of 3 Ford City Prize Packs with Ford City T-Shirt and I Love Ford City Bumper Sticker!
6pm-11pm NIGHT FESTIVAL INCLUDES:
8) 6-11pm LIVE MUSIC on the Polaris Music Stage @ 1151 Drouillard
- Five Live Local Music Acts on the Polaris Stage, Food vendors, licensed patio
- New Song Church Presents Saturday Night Alive Band
- Power Switch
- The Foreign Army
- Life Astray
Date(s) & Time(s):
Sunday, September 29, 2013 — 10am-11pm
Event Hub 1168 Drouillard Windsor, Ontario. Activities will span Drouillard from Ontario to Whelpton from 10am-3pm and then from 6-11pm the live music takes place at 1151 Drouillard.
From the EC Row Expressway take Walker Road going North to Seminole Ave. Turn right onto Seminole until you reach Drouillard Road. Turn left onto Drouillard. Head North until you reach 1168 Drouillard.
In case of rain
In light to moderate rain most activities will continue under tents. Most aspects of the event are wheelchair accessible.
Sponsored By: Ford City Business Improvement Association, Ford City Residents in Action and Ford City Neighbourhood Renewal